Saturday 8 November 2008

Track Choice

Following on from mark and sam's comments on the track choice, I really think that Lousy Reputations by We are Scientists would be a great choice and my personal favourite. Although I'm not a great fan of the genre I believe that we could do huge things with the track, having now listened to it, and that on a personal level I could enjoy producing a successful video to accompany the track. There are endless ideas we could do but I rekon that we could have a good narrative (possibly using the shirt idea from mark, really like it!) and then filter shots to performance. This would mean that there is a narrative throughout the video with small and short shots every now and then of the band playing the track in order to break up the narrative and essentially make it more fluid (making it easier for timing of the shots, etc.). I really think that we should utilise sam's editing and effect ability so that we can give our video something extra special; however, we have to take into account that he isn't a proffessional and so we must accept some things won't be possible. But something similar to the shirt idea mark's found would be great and really work with the genre; also some of the Andrew Kramer effects that sam's shown me would work well with the track which we need to look further into. Basically, Lousy Reputations - We Are Scientists gets my vote!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I love this song, glad everyone else does too. What I was thinking of doing was possibly making some test videos showing what I can do with the effects, so you guys have a better understanding of what is and isn't possible. That way we can work to that, making a better plan for the track, as we will know what will work.

    I do like the t shirt idea, and that will be one of the ones I'll test.

    ReplyDelete